Thursday, March 31, 2011

Note: Boston's Old Town Trolley Tours

I would highly recommend anyone to take the Old Town Trolley Tours that takes you to all the interesting sights around Boston if you are there for the first time. It's a hop-on/hop-off ride and the tickets (the ones we got) was for two days; it's an excellent and efficient means of moving from one place of interest to another, as well as to find out what there is to see.



I didn't take any pictures on this ride because I just wanted to just enjoy it, listen to the driver/guide, look at the sights as he talked about them. The oral commentary was so good, it seemed rude to be jumping from window to window trying to snap pics as the vehicle is moving.(Not to mention safety issues.)



Reflecting, on this trip, I didn't go around snapping photos of every single new thing that came along. I used to do that -- hang out of windows of moving vehicles, walk here and there trying to get the right angle. I guess this time I just wanted to be there. It just seemed more important to be in the moment than to bother over getting the right angle and snapping nice photos so I can look at them later.

Time flies when you are having fun. So it's important to keep remembering to savor the "now", while you're in it.

No comments: