Monday, March 28, 2011

PAX East, Boston 11-13 March 2011















This trip took about 6 months of planning but it was worth it. I got to meet a forum friend (NEG), attended PAXeast with her and then toured around Boston after that.

PAXeast was awesome. It was crowded and happening but generally it was a very nice and seemingly friendly crowd. No one was shoving around and didn't see any ugly behavior. Devs were eager to show us their new and upcoming games and we got to try quite a few of the ones coming to Xbox Live, Nintendo 3DS and iPhone/iPad. (Sony is almost non-present, only showing SOCOM4 at their booth.)

NEG and I had a great time at PAXeast, looking at the exhibits, trying out games and watching other people play. I picked up a lot of pins and t-shirts and a black PAXeast hoodie that turned out to be the main piece of clothing to save my hide from the cold. (Nothing I had brought with me properly prepared me for the cold. Much as I think I can resist cold pretty well, I would not have done well being dressed inappropriately.)

No comments: